Otherwise known as magnesium sulfate. Studies have shown many of it’s health benefits:*
- Eases stress and improves sleep and concentration
- Helps muscles and nerves function properly
- Regulates activity of 325+ enzymes
- Helps to prevent artery hardening and blood clots
- Makes insulin more effective
- Reduces inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps
- Improves oxygen use
- Flushes toxins
- Improves absorption of nutrients
- Helps form joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins
- Helps prevent or ease migraine headaches
- Draws out boils, acne, and splinters
Image: Epsom Salt Council
For therapeutic baths, the rule of thumb is to make the water as hot as you can comfortably stand it, and mix in 2-4 cups of epsom salt. Soak for 15-20 minutes, then shower off.
Epsom salt is also a great conditioner for magnesium deficient soil. Your roses, tomatoes, and peppers will especially love it.
It’s cheap and easy. You’ll find it at most drug stores and supermarkets for under $5.